Request for bail cancellation of Suarez by Prosecutor is denied in ODEBRECHT case.

Crime

The twelfth criminal judge, Óscar Carrasco, denied a request made by the Special Anticorruption Prosecutor to cancel the bail not to be detained that was issued in favor of the former Public Works Minister (MOP) Federico José Suárez, for the investigation related to the bribes paid by Odebrecht.

In a ruling of January 16, 2019, Judge Carrasquilla noted that the argument of the prosecution to cancel bail based on Article 249 of the Code of Criminal Procedure was not valid.

Said rule states that “the accused who, being released on bail, incurs the commission of a new punishable act shall lose the right to be released again with caution, provided there is evidence to justify it and provided that in the second case the Public Ministry would have formulated the criminal imputation. In this case, the bond lent by the previous offense will be canceled. ”

The prosecution requested the cancellation of the bond to Suárez because after the one that was granted for the Odebrecht case charges were charged and arrest warrants were issued in several proceedings. On October 12, 2018 charges were charged and his arrest was ordered for the case Blue Apple, related to bribes paid by contractors of the State in exchange for the streamlining of their projects.

The same October 12 of last year, the prosecution charged him with charges and ordered the former minister’s arrest for the case related to alleged cost overruns in the restoration of the Old Town of Panama City. For this process, in December 2018 a bail of release of $ 1.5 million was established that has not been recorded.

Twelve days later, on October 24, 2018, the prosecution charged him with allegedly overpricing in the project to expand the Domingo Díaz road, a work executed during his administration as head of the MOP.

Judge Carrasquilla indicated that the processes that the prosecutor’s office indicates have their genesis during the period in which Suárez exercised the position of head of the MOP (2009 to 2012), and not after he was granted bail for the Odebrecht case.

READ MORE:https://impresa.prensa.com/panorama/Juez-cancelar-fianza-Suarez-Odebrecht_0_5231476901.html

Please follow and like us:
No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime
More ODEBRECHT dirt coming out, as they still receive Panamanian contracts

The Special Anticorruption Prosecutor’s Office , which is investigating the Odebrecht case, ordered the investigation of the businessmen Fotis Lymberópulos , and Rodrigo Rod Díaz , to make a statement in this case. Odebrecht case: 76 defendants and $ 255.1 million recovered, the prosecution said Odebrecht: half a million emails, …

Crime
FINALLY!!!!! Panamanian Press includes standing Varela administration with Odebrecht SWINDLE.

by James “JB” Bryson Anyone who reads PNO.com, will see that I have a very direct slant. NO, I am not an Martinelli apologist. But YES, I feel this country had a level of respect and admiration for the man that is still seen to this day. I don’t feel …

Crime
Court of Guarantees, denies Martinelli defense request for medical tests related to diminished capacity.

The Court of Guarantees rejected a request for legal medical evaluation to Ricardo Martinelli , during a hearing on the effects of rights requested by the defense of the former president, in the case that follows the former president for the alleged commission of crimes against the inviolability of the …