- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened or condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 ounces white rum – ( My husband insists in Barralito White Rum, but any White Rum is suffice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (or vanilla extract)
- You can choose to garnish with ground nutmeg or cinnamon or cinnamon stick
by James “JB” Bryson
Not only has this been a great first year for me personally on PNO.com. But my wife has also been able to use the forum as a way to meet and socialize with other people who have moved here.
In the spirit of the Holidays, she asked one of the site visitors to see if they had anything to contribute to anyone who may visit the site. So the first EX-PAT RECIPE will be contributed by Emily. Emily is 55 and has lived in Panama for almost 4 years. Her husband is from San Juan, Puerto Rico and as a result every holiday she is tasked with making the traditional LATIN EGG NOG of “Coquito”.
She has said this is the way she has made it for years, and perhaps a few of you would like to try it as well.