US news of note: Iran set on alert as tensions escalate with US.

US News of note

https://www.prensa.com/mundo/Iran-alerta-Trump-marcha-bombardeos_0_5332716679.html

Iran warned on Friday that it will defend its territory from any attack by the United States, after having shot down an American drone and after, according to the New York Times , President Donald Trump initially approved bombings to end up backing down.


Iran says it has ‘irrefutable’ evidence that US drone violated its airspace
The Global Hawk, a tough and sophisticated spy drone
At a time when tension between the two countries is causing a scare, the New York Times , which cites top US military commanders, said Trump initially approved bombings against “a handful of Iranian targets, such as radars and missile batteries.” , in retaliation for the downed drone, before giving up the operation.


“The operation was in progress when it was canceled, the airplanes were already flying, the ships in position, but no missiles had been fired when the order to turn back came,” one official told the newspaper.
Iran on Thursday shot down a US drone that was, according to Tehran, in its airspace. This information was denied by the United States.
Washington and Tehran waged a war of statements about the exact location of the US Navy’s drone at the time of the attack.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry reiterated that it has “irrefutable” evidence that the US drone Global Hawk killed on Thursday penetrated its airspace.

Iranian state television on Friday released images of what it presented as the remains of the drone of the US Navy shot down. The IRIB 1 network broadcast a short sequence with a journalist who was interviewing a general of the Revolutionary Guards in front of what the latter presented as remains “recovered on the surface” in Iranian territorial waters.

Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi “strongly protested” the incident to the Swiss ambassador in Tehran, which represents US interests over the absence of diplomatic relations between Tehran and Washington since 1980.
The Iranian diplomat reiterated that his country “does not seek war” and warned “the US forces against any measure that has not been meditated in the region,” adding that Iran “will resolutely defend its territory against any aggression,” according to a statement from its ministry.
Trump initially called the Iranian takedown of the drone “enormous error”. “Our country will not accept that, I can assure you,” he affirmed, defiantly, before trying to cool the situation by suggesting that everything could be due to human error , caused by someone “stupid.” “I find it hard to believe that it was intentional,” he said from the White House.
As a precautionary measure, Washington banned commercial flights from its country from entering the airspace controlled by Tehran in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman “until further notice.”
These restrictions are due to the increase in “military activities and the growing political tensions in the region, which present a risk to US civil aviation operations and the possibility of errors in calculation or identification,” said the Federal Aviation Administration. U.S.


No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Human Interest
New voice of VENEZUELAN opposition calling on ARMED FORCES mutiny on Maduro rule.

Venezuelan opposition leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner María Corina Machado launched a strong message this Saturday, November 15, directed at Venezuelans and especially at the state security forces, whom she asked to “lay down their weapons” and stop obeying orders that she described as “infamous” . https://www.laestrella.com.pa/mundo/bajen-las-armas-maria-corina-machado-urge-a-militares-venezolanos-a-dejar-de-obedecer-a-maduro-IK17598099 What is striking about this message …

Canal
Ship intended for VARELA intercepted by PANAMA and DEA.

The United States Embassy in Panama congratulated the Panamanian government and the National Aeronaval Service (SENAN) on Thursday, November 13, for what it called a “historic” anti-narcotics operation that resulted in the seizure of more than 13 metric tons of cocaine in the waters of the Pearl Islands archipelago. https://www.prensa.com/judiciales/dea-apoyo-la-operacion-que-incauto-13-toneladas-de-cocaina-en-un-solo-dia-en-aguas-del-pacifico-panameno/ This is how the …

Human Interest
This is the “slippery slope” that we as HUMANS need to consider when conducting MASS detention.

The images are the most compelling testimony of the suffering: Luis missing a front tooth, Daniel with a broken nose, Mateo and Carlos with pellet wounds. They are part of the report ” They Arrived in Hell ,” published by Human Rights Watch (HRW), which details the abuses committed against Venezuelan migrants …